Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Staying Your Course!
As I was cleaning stalls this morning I started thinking about change. No, not the kind that jingles in you pocket or purse but the everyday, inevitable change that occurs. Change is a part of daily life. There is that saying that the only thing constant in this life is change. In my opinion there is good change and bad change. Change must happen in order for us to learn new things and to grow as a person. Everyday stalls must be cleaned, horses demands don't change they want to eat, eat, and eat some more! Thinking back on when I first got Maddie I know she was a green 3 year old who hardly knew anything. Now when I get on her she knows what I expect and she responds to my commands from leg yielding to jumping a prelim cross country course. It's hard for me to remember what she was like when I first got her, that she didn't bend and had never seen a jump in her life. That change happened slowly over time and it continues to change and develop. We still have so much to work on together and I know that with time and patience we will get there. I see so many people who let others change their view or their path. Jealousy, thinking the grass is greener on the other side or just simply wanting something new or to be somewhere else. I'm not saying that the grass isn't always "greener on the side" but I challenge you to be patient, look at the positives in change and not just the negatives. Take your time with your horse, don't rush and expect so much from them praise them for small accomplishments but keep pushing them for greatness. As a wise person once told me - just keep your nose to the grind stone, stay patient don't let others negatively influence you and your hard work will pay off. I had a pretty good ride on Maddie this morning and made sure to see some positives in our work and also make note of things to work on. Maddie has a light work schedule this summer and I am just now beginning to push her a little more and get her back into shape. I know that as I continue to get her back into shape she will continue to meet and out do my expectations. I ask each of you to find something positive about your ride each day. Hold yourself accountable for the change and progress you make in your riding or even just in everyday matters. You can seek help from others but in the end it comes down to the hours you put in, you have to apply the things you learn from others and you will see progress. Until s next time happy riding and stay positive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment